CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Woot Woot Wednesday

Let me tell you, I needed something to Woot Woot about!

Yesterday, I started my morning bleary-eyed because Tres had a tummy ache all night and was restless and fussy. I was hot because the a/c decided not to work in the middle of the night. And I was well, sad and put-out because on of our cats kicked the bucket in our jacuzzi tub - and I had to dig the hole. So, that was no way to start the morning!

So today, Dos had his first full-day of kindergarten. Rewind 3 years and Uno was starting kindergarten. She wanted me to walk her in and stay with her until she went to her classroom while she boo-hooed and got blotchy in the face. BROKE MY HEART!

I'm gearing up for a repeat session of that fun with Dos. But what does the little sucker give me????? I want Sissy to walk me into the gym! What??? You mean I carried you for 10 months, pushed you out of my netherplaces and I don't even get to graduate you into your school-life??????

So, that is what happened. He and Uno gave me kisses and went happily into school together. No tears, no fuss, nothing. Amazing!

Then I go to pick him up - there were no tears during the day & he had fun. He did however, forget to put his lunch box in the rubbermaid where it is suppose to go so he ended up eating hot lunch. It didn't faze him - he just went with the flow. Now Uno, that would have been the end of the world and the source of all tears and drama!

My son amazes me.

So, needless to say, given that he was so happy to go to school, the sending of him to school was much easier on me. I won't say that I didn't cry, because I did - a little. But if he would have done the same as Uno did in kindergarten (and incidentally 1st & 2nd grades but not this year!) I would have been a royal mess.

*********

Oh and the cat. We don't know why she died. She was acting weird for a week or so but she really was a strange cat. We noticed her breathing was labored last night but it was too late to go to the vet. She must have passed some time in the early morning. It's amazing how quickly they get...ummmm...stiff. When I found her around 6am she was still a bit moveable but solid. But by 8:00am after I had took the kids where they needed to go and had dug the hole, she was...ummmmm....pretty stiff. It was gross. The Coach owes me BIG TIME for that one. And I mean BIG TIME!

We have decided not to tell the kids about it until this weekend. Uno will be really upset and Dos just doesn't need another thing on his mind with school starting. It absolutely AMAZES me that they haven't noticed though - AMAZES ME! We have....well now....4 cats so it isn't like she was the only one. But she was "Uno's cat." Unreal.

1 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Glad the first day of school went so well. My kids don't start for another week and a half. Sigh. :)