CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

10 years together...... :)

The Coach and I celebrated our 10th anniversary last night!!! The Coach was totally responsible for all the planning and he really outdid himself!! We had a great time :)

Here is a pic of what I got before we left the house...I was instructed to wear something that went with "this" as the black box appeared.....

 
Posted by Picasa


Here is where we ate - The Giant City Lodge. I had been here before but The Coach hadn't. We had the family dinner of fried chicken, corn, coleslaw, biscuits, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, and chicken & dumplings. Yum!



We stayed at the Davies School Inn. It is a old school building that a young couple bought and opened as a bed and breakfast 4 years ago. My dear husband splurged and got us the honeymoon suite!



Here is our suite....








When The Coach proposed to me 12+ years ago, he said that he would get me something "bigger" when we celebrated our 10th anniversary....and he was true to his word!!! I thought that the necklace was my gift and I was completely happy with that - boy was I suprised!




I do have to say that I also love my engagement ring even though it doesn't fit at the moment. My Grandma, who passed away the year after we were married, gave me her engagement ring to be reset into my own engagement ring. So, it has special meaning to me :)

We had a great night spending time together WITHOUT the kids - big thanks to our 3 favorite babysitting sisters!! Our bed was a tempurpedic matress...can you say we need to start saving the money for a new matress!!!

As part of our package, The Coach ordered breakfast to be served in our suite. We woke up 7 minutes before it was to be served - at 9:00am! Yeah for sleeping in!

Our breakfast was amazing! We had a glorified omlet, fried potatoes, bacon, watermelon, apple stollen, and OJ. Then I had to have coffee...




Here is a pic of a little planter that was in the hallway on the way to our room :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Aww, he is a definite keeper. Congrats on your 10 years together.

Dana said...

What an awesome way to celebrate your anniversary! Congratulations!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Congratulations on 10 years together! How wonderful that HE wanted to make it so special.

Also, thanks for being the second person to comment on my blog who wasn't actually a friend who HAD to OR ELSE!!

Swift Jan said...

Congratulations on 10 years! And Your hubby sounds like a great guy!!

BTW your necklace is beautiful!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

That suite looks awesome. I hope you stopped taking photos long enough to have some 'fun'... :)

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Anniversary......sounds like such a great time, and great present.