CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bad Mommy....

I meant to post this on Monday as a Motherhood Moment but life has been a bit busy this week!!

So, sometime this weekend or Monday or ....well I don't remember.....anyways, I was trying to explain to Uno why I go to the gym.

I told her that I go to the gym to try and make myself healthier. I said that my family has a lot of people in it with Diabetes (Type II) and that her MawMaw, my Mom, has Type I diabetes. Then I went on to explain that people who are heavier have a higher risk of getting diabetes and with so many people in my family with it, I really needed to lose some weight to lessen my chances of getting it.

THEN I went on to tell her that she needs to eat more fruits and veggies and not just all carbs because if she would continue eating that way when she is older she will be more likely to be heavier. Then if she is heavier, she will be at a higher risk for diabetes because of her family history.....

SHE CRIED!!! and not just cry but splotchy face crying!!!!

I'm a mean Momma aren't I!?!?!?!?

*****************************

The mancave is starting next week!!! YEAH!!!! The electrician is coming to put in lighting :)

1 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Aw! Poor Uno! It will be good for her to understand it though, and to see that her Mommy is being positive and proactive. I can see you both exercising at the gym in years to come, chatting and having a great time. There won't be time for Uno to cry then, it will be fun!