CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Salve to my broken heart...

Where have the last 5 years gone? What happen to this little baby boy I brought home from the hospital? How did he grow up so fast?

For some reason, him going to kindergarten is feeling much harder than when Uno went. I don't know if it is because he is "my boy" or what. But it is going to be SOOO hard to hold my tears until he is out of sight.

All day long I have been dreading tomorrow even though he only goes a half day to start and I actually go with him. But still it is the closing of a chapter - and I'm not ready for the book to close.

Then as I'm having my little pity party today, he comes up on the couch and snuggles with me. Then what does he do that makes me realize he is still my little boy in that big body - he plays with my hair....just as he did from 6 months until a year or so ago. He takes it between his fingers and rubs it back and forth - for his comfort.

Thank the Lord for that hair pulling.....

4 comments:

Wep said...

Aww you poor thing :( They grow up so fast...when we haven't aged at all!

Thanks for the commenty love :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh, the dear boy. Little boys can just melt their Mummys' hearts. Of course, little girls can too.

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh, how sweet. I know that when I send my little twins off to kindergarten that it'll be totally different than my other kids because I'll know they are my last to send off.......hope you both have a great day tomorrow.

Melissa said...

I'm right there with you. It's so hard to let go. I'm sending my 2nd child off to Pre-K this year and she is going for the whole day. I started crying the other day just looking at her. I want her to spread her little wings and fly, but I want her to stay my sweet little girl.