CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shirley signs away her life....

Apparently my name is Shirley - or so it is said by the real estate notary that came to our house today.

We FINALLY closed on our refinance today!! FINALLY! It has been a long process filled with "Well, I need a copy of this..." and "Underwriting needs a copy of that..." and "It needs to be an official W2." We are SO happy to have this over.

No, we didn't have one of those adjustable rate mortgages that seem to be bankrupting so many Americans. We just decided to use the equity in our home to finish the basement, put up a fence (possibly), and pay off some stupid debt. Yes, we did sign on for another 30 years of working for the mortgage company but we have high hopes of chopping down the loan given that by getting rid of the stupid debt, we will be ahead over $200/month even with a higher mortgage payment. Super yeah for that!

But the whole entire time we were signing the papers the lady would say "Now, Shirley you need to sign here....." My name is not Shirley....but then it isn't Adelaine either! :)

The Coach come up to me after and said "So Shirley.....(followed by something I don't rememeber)" and I said "Well, since I'm not Shirley, I'm not responsible for paying on this mortgage!!"

So the loan officially closes on Monday and we will get our $$$ soon after! Come on basement!!! We have the electrician here today to do the lighting - woohooo!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope the basement is finished soon!