CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm overweight - wooohoooo!!!

Strange title, eh? Who would ever be excited about that??

Well, me! I mentioned in a previous post that our wii fit has me catagorized as obese although I never saw myself as that - I mean I don't have rolls and rolls of fat! I just have nice cushions of cellulite!

So anyways I haven't been on the wii fit in quite a while because I headed back to the real gym. Dos decided he wanted to play wii tonight and I asked him if I could do something real quick before he started playing. So I weighed myself on the wii fit.......

And I'm overweight!!!! I'm no longer obesse!!!

Crazy I know - but in my mind, it is progress :)

My goal honestly is to just be healthier. My Mom is a type 1 diabetic and I have a very strong family history of type 2 diabetes. I figure that if I want to have a relatively healthy life as I grow older, I need to shed a lot of pounds to decrease my risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Then there is the heart disease that runs in the family too.

I would love to be that Mom that everyone looks at and says "I can't believe she had 3 kids!" But, let's get real - that isn't going to happen. My skin didn't just bounce back to where it was pre-babies and gravity has taken a tole on the ladies. So I will never look like I hadn't birthed 3 lil ones.

But, I can be healthy and strong enough to keep up with them!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That's awesome. I originally started blogging with the intention of losing weight and journaling my progress. That was a year ago and I believe I weigh the exact same as I did then. My best friend and I even called ourselves the "Fat Bloggers."

To answer your question, the chickens are for eggs and meat.
And, thankfully, no the kids didn't see the death and destruction that was our back woods.
Okay, I'm done watching John and Kate plus 8 and I'm going to bed. BTW, I added you to my blog bus!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Um... is it polite to congratulate you on being overweight?

I just ate a whole tin of peaches while blogging. I don't know how that happened...

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I am still obese. But, I just ordered the 6 week body makeover, and yes, I will be blogging about it. This should be fun...

Congrats on getting fit! And don't worry about the labels. When I got married I was 5'8 and 170 pounds--and a model for bridal shows--and I was STILL considered overweight! :P Whatever!

Jen said...

Heck yeah, you should be happy about that. Take all the little victories when you can get them

Givinya De Elba said...

I'm the same as you - probably will never bounce back to "I-Can't-Believe-She-Has-Had-X-Kids". Sad that the Wii classifies us as obese when we're just have cushions of cellulite.