CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dear Children,

Thank you so much for your generous contributions to the stankiness of our van. I know that you are only trying to keep me in shape and busy by subjecting me to relentless cleanup in the house and in the vehicles - for that I am appreciative. But, in order to not embarass your little buddies you will be bringing to VBS tomorrow, I went in search of the think causing the stankiness.

I searched in compartments that were intended for storage. Oh my genius children - you used these for trash containers!!! Oh the dehydrated chicken nuggets, squished paper cups, and gum wrappers. Then behind those compartments, apparently they needed some extra support because what did I find - GUM! Yes, gum that I picked off with my nice, sharp, dig your eyeballs out fingernails. But still - that was not the stankiness.

I sprayed down any sprayable surface of the van with my handy Green Works cleaner and still there was the stank.

I start picking up trash in the front of van and what do I find, a lunch box!!! I open the lunchbox and............phew!!!! That was the stank. Hmmmm......what is this I see in here - baby carrots, a molded version of some fruit..........hmmmmmm............the only child that comes near a veggie is Tres and she isn't packing lunch yet. Ahhhhhhhhh...............

Ummmm .....it was me :) Sorry kids.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Spilled milk makes for a great air freshener. I don't think I've owned a car, since children, that doesn't have a little somewhere!

p.s. loved your comment on my blog today. We actually put Stanley's litter box in the laundry room and made cat entrance at the bottom of the door. It was the BEST remedy for avoiding midnight surprises...

Missy said...

That's a riot! Glad you found the stank. Also glad you are an understanding parent. Rotten chicken nuggets might push me over the edge. Last week I was cleaning out the depths of my desk at work and discovered a plastic container for mandarin oranges that expired...in 2005. Bleech!