CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tres' birth story :)

I was inspired by Crazy Sister's post about her son's birth story! So I am going to go at this backwards and start with Tres first!! Actually, I'm just going to be lazy and copy her birth story off my myspace :)

Here it is!!!

"On Thursday, I had been feeling pretty cruddy all day - backache, light erratic contractions, tired. I called the Dr just to be reviewed on when I need to go to the hospital and told them how I was feeling. They offered for me to come into the office and be checked to see if I had made any progress since my last appointment on Monday (which I was almost 3 cm at). So, I went and picked up The Coach around 3:30 and we headed to the doctor - which is attached to the hospital I was to deliver at.


When we got there, I had dilated to a good 3 cm. They hooked me up to the contraction monitor just to see if the were registering and how far apart they are. And wouldn't you know - no contractions! I was pretty disappointed that nothing was registering even though I knew that there was something going on. But, with my history of having a pretty quick birth with Dos, Dr. S gave us the option of going ahead and breaking my water at the hospital and letting me have the baby that night/next morning, walking around and seeing what happens, going home and coming back anytime that night, or just waiting until my induction on Monday. The Coach was up for anything but I couldn't decide with my graduation from college being that weekend. So, we went to the mall, bought mother's day gifts, and tried to decide what to do. I finally decided that we would go ahead and head to the hospital to have her around 6pm. After stopping at Wendy's for The Coach to eat, we went on the the hospital to be admitted.


It was a pretty slow night at the hospital so we had a lot of attention and things got done pretty quickly. I got settled in "Birthing Room #3" after the computer being wacked out in #2. I got the IV in with my fluids and antibiotic for the Group B strep. The lab came an drew my blood. About 8:15pm, Dr. S came in to break my water and we just hung out watching Grey's Anatomy for a while. My parents brought the kids up to visit around 8:30ish. In the meantime, my contractions started getting a little more uncomfortable and a lot more regular. Around 9:30-ish, the nurse came in to tell me that since I finish my bag of fluids and antibiotic, that they had called for my epidural. So, my parent's and kids left and it wasn't but 5 minutes and the anestesiologist was there with my epidural - yeah! Love that stuff.


So, got the epidural - which was great but not as great as with Uno and Dos. I still had a little sensation in the perineal area but that was ok. I wasn't able to sleep like I had hoped because of that but it proved to be useful during delivery. The nurse came in and catherized me (which they left in until delivery) and then Dr. S wanted to put an internal contraction monitor on me because the contractions weren't measuring very strong. They actually never did measure very strong but were obvious enough to get the job done.


I just laid there playing a hand held solitare game and The Coach slept or talked/texted on the phone. Around midnight, I started to feel like she was dropping down pretty low and the nurse checked me and I was an 8. So, just a little longer! She had Dr. S come in the next time a little closer to midnight and I was almost complete except for a little "lip". They had me lay on my other side for about 10-15 and when they came back in, it was time! After 6 rounds of counting to ten and pushing 3 times each - which ended up being 11 minutes, Tres was born at 7 lbs 5.2 ounces, 19 inches long! She had a lot of fluid in her chest from the quick birth so they had to suction her out quite a bit. But her apgar scores were 8 and 9 so that is really good. She has a headful of short brown hair and really dark blue eyes.

We stayed for just about 32-33 hours. We actually were leaving the hospital about the time I was suppose to be graduating from college. I felt really good this time around. I was just a little sore from my second degree tear but got around fine. I tired pretty easy and was a little sore when getting up from setting but all things considered - it's was all good.

It amazes us that people think that they create these little babies. We know that we are truely blessed by God. "

5 comments:

Wep said...

Thank you for making yours sweeter than graphic.

The words "passing clots bigger than a lemon" will stick with me for a while.

Swift Jan said...

A nice story!!
Thanks for sharing :)

Shelley said...

What a beautiful story. Yes, thank you for acknowledging God in the creation of your children. What a blessing.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Now I understand why doctors think there's no rush once contractions start! I can't imagine watching Grey's Anatomy during labour - I barely had my shoes off.

Wep, I tried so so hard to be sweet rather than graphic. But that clot comment from the midwife was just too funny (in a scary sort of way!).

Annikke said...

What a great story. I love reading baby stories!