CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mancave Monday!

So this week, here are some pics of the support beams being boxed in. We didn't want the kids - 1. banging their heads on the polls or poking their eyes out on the uneven metal, and 2. grabbing the poles and swinging around them then propelling themselves into who knows what!

See the gray pole? There are two of them in the basement..



The gray pole is no more!!



What sweet girls we have here - aren't they pretty??? And what's more is they are both beautiful from the inside out! I want my girls to grow up to be like these girls!! They are helping to apply drylok to the concrete walls and to prime the drywall that is on one other wall.




And to prime the boxed in support beams!


And just for fun - a pic of my cat looking evil! I'm pretty sure he has some teeth issues and I should be concerned about that as a dental hygienist........but I'm not.......



Believe it or not, the mancave should be finished within the month! I ordered the carpet this past week ($$$$$) and bought the paint. Our Handy Marshall is suppose to start painting with his new paint sprayer tomorrow - he loves to buy new toys and we are happy to let him try them out in our home!

I have to download some pics and maybe I will post the paint colors and carpet soon!

3 comments:

Swift Jan said...

It's coming together quite nicely!!
Less than a month!! Awesome!

Darla said...

Super cute blog and yay on the project! We have an unfinished basement and this makes me start dreaming again. I saw your blog title on someone's blog roll and love the title!!! Sums it up nicely!

Unknown said...

Great pictures...we had two polls like that at our old house...DD used to climb them like a monkey...once dh boxed them in...she was ticked...

Love the picture of the cat...love it.