CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dear Santa,

Another thanks to MamaKat for the prompt! Also to Swift Jan....

Dear Santa,

I hope that I made the nice list this year!!! I have really tried to be good. Well, maybe my thoughts on the whole incident that caused the blog police to knock on my door weren't the best but atleast I didn't speak too quickly. Surely that buys me some points for the nice list. I know that you have been watching Dos and know what a challenge he is somedays. Hopefully you won't give me to many demerits for all the yelling at him I have done. I really try hard not to but he just begs for me to yell.....I know you see this! How about all those ear infections Tres had - I seriously had to earn some points for being patient and keeping my cool. Huh Santa, have I been good???

What would I like you ask? Well here is my list -

  • A full nights sleep would be awesome. This would be a night where I laid down in bed and slept solid until morning......no snoring from the husband, no crying in the crib from Tres, no "What's that noise?" from Uno, no "crying stomach ache" from Dos......I'm sure you get the point.
  • No sibling rivalry!
  • How about the ability to lose weight without diet and exercise? Like if I could just wish it away! That would be amazing!
  • Be realistic you say???
  • Ok, a new cell phone. Specifically the Palm Centro from Verizon Wireless. How is that for being specific?
  • A little guardy thing to go around it would be nice too.
  • Some pajama pants that aren't highwaters on my long legs.... and a shirt that matches.
  • A lens cap for my camera. Since Tres came around, I have somehow lost a lot of brain cells. Along with one of those brain cells went my lens cap....
  • Oh and speaking of my camera, how about a new lens - one that really zooms in. I don't know what it is called but it's one step up from what I have now. Oh and I have a Canon Rebel. Well, that is kind of pricey Santa so I can understand if you don't get me that.....I don't know if I have been THAT good with all the yelling and negative thoughts.
  • But if you DO think that I have been that good, a bag for said camera and it's 2 lenses would be awesome. I know that you are watching and you know how clumsy I can be....and well, if I have been good enough to deserve such a pricey gift I would hate to break it...
  • Some black dress socks...it's sad when you have to hit up your husbands drawer for dress socks.
  • I'd love some new jewelry Santa - it doesn't have to be the fancy expensive stuff. Just nickel free - that is all I ask. The nastiness that comes out of my pierced ear holes is not fun if earrings aren't nickel free.
Well, that's all my requests Santa. I'm sure that a few of them aren't realistic. But really Santa, there is one thing that I truely want for Christmas. I want my kids to remember what Christmas is all about....about Jesus. Yeah, the presents are nice and I love their faces when they get what they want but that is temporary. By the next day the newness of the presents have worn off. I want the kids to never get over the newness of the baby Jesus......and when the time comes, the newness of their salvation. For now, that Uno would never get over the newness of her salvation. That it would always be as if she was newly in love with Jesus. For that matter, that we all would never lose the newness of our salvation.

Thanks Santa and I will put out some milk and cookies for you! But I ask that you please don't get into the cake that is in the kitchen - that is for Jesus.

Adelaine

1 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

A couple of great posts! Adelaine is back in town! (I know, you never really left it! It's just sometimes hard to think of things to blog about.)