CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ti-i-e-ime

Time.

I was thinking tonight when exactly did I become so concerned with time?

Is that something that just happens along the way as you mature and start taking care of yourself?

And when will my kids go from learning to tell time to learning to manage their time?

Bedtime in our house is 8pm. Tonight Uno was digging in the drawer where I keep crafty items at 7:56 saying that she was making a picture for her "football buddy."

My adult thought was "Girl, it's 4 minutes until bedtime and now you decide to draw a picture????"

She was oblivious to what time it was.

That just made me think, just when did I become so ruled by the clock? Will I ever have a time in my life where I don't feel like I have to make every minute of my day useful? And when I won't feel guilty for taking a nap or watching tv?

Yeah that was really random :)

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I don't think I've got the energy to think of new and exciting projects that close to my bedtime!

Amarie said...

I think, as we get older, it's something that just naturally happens. I think we just become more aware of the value of time. I find myself doing it, too.