CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dos' birth story

Quite some time ago I posted Tres' birth story and it is high time I post about the other kids!

I got pregnant with Dos in April of 2002. He is now part of the kindergarten class this year that is apparently the 9-11 boom of children. There are around 150 in his class when Uno only has 100 in her 3rd grade class.

I digress......

My pregnancy with Dos was pretty uneventful other than my husband tell me he felt called into the ministry a few months into the pregnancy - but that is another story for another time. Oh, and we moved into town when I was 5 months along to be in a bigger house and closer to my parents and the Coach's work. I felt great carrying him all up in front like a basketball. My only issues were toward the very end when he was soooo low and setting on my bladder.....well, you Momma's know....

I managed to talk my OB into inducing me. I still remember the nurse calling to schedule the induction and her turning to the Dr. and asking for the reason and him whispering to me "tired of being pregnant!" :) then told her something technical.

So we went to the hospital at 8am on a Friday morning to have the bubbs. It was only the night before that we decide on a choice of names - Braden Marcus or Tobin Marcus. We were deciding to wait until we saw him before chose between the two.

We got in the room and got all prepared. The nurse called my Dr. that was on call to come and break my water - which was how I wanted to be induced...to try without pitocin at first. My regular Dr. (not the one on call but the one who scheduled the induction) was for sure that I wouldn't progress long enough to have the baby before he was on call in the evening. So the on call Dr. asked the nurse to have the resident to break my water....oh boy.....

The resident was this balding guy who was probably on his 30's and he was clearly not thrilled to be doing OB rounds. So here I am, a seasoned Momma, with him between my legs with the crochet hook. He is trying and trying with beads of sweat coming up on his balding head. It wasn't comfortable, but it definetly wasn't the best thing in the world. I could tell he was flustered and was relieved when he gave up. The nurse called my Dr. on call who didn't even bother gowning up - she just gloved up, grabbed the crochet hook, popped the sack, told the nurse to order my epidural and was back on her way to the office within a minute....This was at 10:30am.

As I guessed would happen, my contractions started pretty quickly. Apparently when I went in, I was having regular contractions but didn't feel them - that is what the monitor was picking up. So, by noon, I was in 2nd stage labor but handling things fine.

The anesthesiologist came right around lunchtime and fixed me up. It was wonderful....no pain at all. I just laid in bed, talked with my parents, sent my husband and his sister to lunch, and rested.

Around 2:30pm, I started to feel a little strange in the netherregions - like I had to go to the bathroom. When the nurse came in, I told her of this, she checked me and we were ready to go!

After around 20-ish minutes of pushing, our little bubbs was born! He was so handsome!!!! I wish I had a picture scanned to put on here but I don't - atleast not on my computer. We ended up with a different name for him - because he just looked like it. His first names means "The Lord is God" and his middle name means "God is good." Those are the truths we live by and truely feel blessed to have our little Dos.

2 comments:

jori-o said...

What a sweet {fairly unevetful--the best blessing} birth story. I love when I see people use their blogs to record their family's history--and share it at the same time. And we call our boys "bubbs" too!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Swift Jan said...

Thanks for sharing Adelaine :)