CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dear Facebook Friend,

I must admit, I'm not exactly sure that I would recognize you if I saw you - well after today I may recognize a part of you. We are both from this small town and I know your sister so agree to be your "Facebook Friend." What could it hurt?

I read that you were having surgery. I'm sad that you have some medical condition that required you to retire in your 30's. There is so much more of life that you have to live. I do have to say that I was a little taken aback when I looked through your pictures and saw the pictures of your previous surgery. But, I was looking and it is my fault if I stumbled upon them.

But today, I login to my facebook account. My newsfeed is automatically brought up and what do I see? I see a foot with no toes. My stomach turns. I have a tough stomach but this, well, it was disgusting!

Now I am sure that there are some of your friends that are truely interested in this. But me, I am not. If I just had my toes removed, I don't think I would be posting pictures of it. As a matter of fact, I might be a little embarassed - but that is just me.

I'm just thinking that maybe, just maybe, email would have been a better option to share your surgery results with those who really care. Now everytime I see your name, I will think of that picture.

Sincerely,

Nauseated in the po-dunk town

10 comments:

Wep said...

OH MY GOSH.

I had a similar Facebook friend issue....FULL ON BOOB.

If I promise not to post pics of my toeless foot will you be my facebook friend?

Vanessa Rogers said...

Yeah, I have to agree, that is pretty gross!

April said...

oh, GROSS.

Karin Katherine said...

Wow. No words...just gross visuals.

Vanessa said...

Ok I am loving these posts! such a good one :) great and gross too :)

Vanessa from inevergrewup.net

Amarie said...

Wow, that is a bit much for Facebook. I mean, post a disclaimer or something.
Thanks for the visit!

Swift Jan said...

Hmm I think if it was me i would de friend them LOL That IS pretty gross....

An ex friend once showed us the surgery pics of his rear end. Yes... he was in a bad motorbike accident & thought we'd like to see the repair job. No thanks!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Surgery is not polite conversation, nor show-and-tell.

De-friend that one!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog! ♥ Hugs!

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh my. I don't know anything bout Facebook, but if de-friending is a verb that could apply in this situation, you have my blessing to go ahead and do it.

Now for the word verification - today it is DORKS! Yes, I kid you not! Unbelievable.