CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Hello freak!!

Tonight I'm shopping in the Halloween section at WalMart for a Batman costume for Dos and an angel costume for Uno and what happens to me?????

Some freak turns and steps toward me with a fake knife and acts like she is gonna stab me!!!

Hello?????

Being the mild mannered person I usually am, I just laugh at her and keep on going.

What a freak!!!!

This leads me to my disinterest in Halloween. Honestly, I do feel like the worst mother in the world for not really caring about the costumes and the trick-or-treating and all that! There are so many Mom's that start thinking about their kid's Halloween costumes as soon as there is the slightest hint of fall. ME.....I honestly could care less. Why??

Well, I see it as a huge waste of money. I absolutely refuse to pay more than $20 per kid for their costumes. $20 times 3 kids = $60!!! That is food for a week, diapers for almost 2 months, a full tank of gas, a month and a half of piano lessons, 12 gallons of milk......... I'm just saying that I have so many better places to spend the money. The kids wear the costumes one day at school and then will wear them to the "trunk-or-treat" at our church - that's it. We don't take part in the town-wide trick-or-treating because we just don't have that many people to go to. Why put out $60 for 3 little buckets of candy?????

So......what do I do? Well, tonight I sucked it up and bought the 12.88 batman costume for Dos. A few weeks ago I found Tres a princess costume at the consignment shop for $10 and she will attempt to wear a crown that we have somewhere in the mancave mess. But for Uno, it is really hard to find an angel costume. Before I was attacked by the freak in the Halloween aisle, I was debating a simple bride costume for 12.88 that could be used as an angel costume without the veil. Ugh...I don't like Halloween!!!

6 comments:

Wep said...

Wow, in our area someone held up traffic for three hours on a toll bridge, and it turned out to be a toy gun. That crazy person better be careful :) This guy went to the slammer I think.

Annikke said...

I agree -- what a freak!! I sometimes feel bad too because I am just not into it all. I think costumes are cheaply made and are way over priced! But we suck it up the best we can I suppose!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, knife wielding idiot should have gotten a withering glare and a rude cart bump. Srsly.

On a side note...remember when we used to make our costumes out of stuff around the house? With imagination? Cause the stuff in the store consisted of a badly made smurf mask (that would break before you even left the house) and a plastic cape with a picture of a smurf on it. The $20 + costumes I really don't get.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Come to Australia and the whole thing disappears! (Maybe some Halloween themed colouring in at school, some people use it as an excuse for a party - that's about it)

It is nice to have opportunities for whole-of-community celebrations, but because it's not the tradition here the focus is on the occultic side of things, rather than family fun (or at least the buying of overpriced costumes and the ingestion of too much sugary stuff).

I take it the costumes don't have to be scary, you can go as anything you like?

Adelaine said...

Yeah - maybe I should come to Australia!!!

No they don't have to be scary. Actually, we don't allow our kids to wear anything scary or demonic. They have to be nice costumes.

And Jaci - no joke! I wish we could come up with something "acceptable" from the house. Dos almost wanted to wear his red power ranger costume from last year but backed out and settled on batman. Maybe Delainey can be a frumpy frazzled working mother for Halloween - I've got plenty of supplies for that one!

Anonymous said...

Still calling it a "Mancave"...come on, sharpen up.

www.themantuary.com

Be A Man.

- The Founding Father